Friday, October 14, 2011

getting there

This past weekend I was in Chicago for the 2011 BoA Chicago Marathon and it was a wonderful experience! Team Fox had 70 runners who have collectively raised over $100,000 for Parkinson's research.

I love the opportunity to finally meet many of the runners that I've been emailing and talking to leading up to the race. Everyone has their own story of why they are running, and why they've chosen to run specifically for Team Fox.

I was inspired by all the stories and seeing our runners whiz by and greeting them at the finish. While there were a lot of aching bodies and sore feet, everyone was so happy to be done and so proud of their accomplishment. It reminded me that all the pain, physical therapy, time, sweat and tears that I'm putting into 11.6.11 will pay off. And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment